Why is my remote start/stop not working on FordPass®?
Before using remote start with FordPass, you must first:
- Have a FordPass Connect™ equipped vehicle.
- Add the vehicle to FordPass.
- Activate its FordPass Connect modem.
- Enable Connectivity Settings.
- Have a minimum battery charge of 40%.
- Be in an open area with strong mobile network coverage
Note : FordPass Connect modems is a global e-SIM which will roam to the strongest signal from one of the 3 carriers (AIS, True, DTAC). In this way, your vehicle will receive the strongest signal available in that location, at that moment.
If remote start fails in FordPass, take the following steps:
- Restart your smartphone, and attempt remote start again.
- Ensure SYNC® Remote Start settings are Enabled in-vehicle.
- On SYNC, tap the Vehicle Image at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down and select Vehicle.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Tap Remote Start Setup.
- Tap the Slider to On next to Remote Start
- Ensure your vehicle is not in Deep Sleep mode.
- Check that your vehicle is charged to at least 40%
- If below 40%, charge can be restored by driving the vehicle for 1-2 hours at highway speeds.
- Being below 40% will result in a failed remote start.
- Check that your vehicle's doors, boot, hood, and tailgate are not ajar.
If remote stop fails in FordPass, take the following steps:
- Ensure that the vehicle was remotely started using FordPass first.
- Attempt a Remote Stop again.
- Restart your smartphone and attempt another Remote Stop.
- Even if Remote Stop fails, the vehicle will still turn off at its pre-defined time set in your SYNC system's settings.
- If you have left the mobile device unlocked, anyone can pick up the mobile device and use the commands in the FordPass app. However, to drive the vehicle they would also need the key/fob.
If you continue to encounter issues with Remote Start/Stop, reach out to a FordPass Guide for assistance.