How do I Activate my Vehicle's FordPass Connect™ Modem?
To activate the FordPass Connect modem, you must first:
- Have a vehicle equipped with FordPass Connect.
- Add the vehicle to FordPass®.
- Enable the Connectivity Settings.
- Have immediate access to your vehicle in order for it to connect to FordPass.
- On the FordPass App, navigate to Home.
- Tap Activate Vehicle.
- A pop-up will notify you that the activation is now in progress. Tap Okay to close the pop-up.
- Access your vehicle. Turn it on in an open, well-ventilated, and safe area with a strong cellular connection.
- Within 10 seconds, a request to enable FordPass Connected Services will display on the SYNC® screen.
- To enable, select Yes.
- To deny, select No.
- Select Remind Me if you wish to approve or deny at a later time.
- Once Yes is selected, a pop-up displays on SYNC confirming FordPass is activated. Tap Close to return to the SYNC main screen.
- Open FordPass and tap Home. Your remote controls now display beneath your connected vehicle's image.
- Activation may take up to 90 seconds to complete once FordPass is enabled on SYNC.
- Remind Me may be selected up to 10 times. After 10 times, the activation request is cancelled.
- The FordPass Connect Modem cannot be retrofitted to older, non-connected vehicles.