How Do I Pair My Phone With SYNC 3?
Before you can use your phone in your Ford, you have to create a Bluetooth® connection. So if you need to, check your mobile‘s user manual for Bluetooth® functions then:
- Switch on your phone’s Bluetooth® function.
- On your Sync 'Phone' screen, select 'Add a phone'
- On your phone, in the Bluetooth menu, select 'SYNC'.
- A personal PIN will now appear on the radio display. Enter or agree with this PIN in your mobile phone.
- If no PIN appears on the radio display, enter ‘0000’ in your mobile phone then the PIN that appears on the radio display.
- If your phone asks if you would like this connection to be automatic in future, confirm with “Yes.”
- Now your phone is active and you can use the handsfree functions.
If you authorise the Bluetooth® connection to Ford Audio, your phone will automatically connect when the vehicle is started (see the user manual for your phone).
- If the Bluetooth® connection is unstable, it may help to restart your mobile occasionally.
- You can register up to six mobile phones in the system, but only one can be the active phone you use to make or take calls.
- You have several options for making a phone call using your Ford audio system, which are described in the next section.
For additional SYNC-related questions, please visit SYNC® Support.
For specific information on your vehicle, refer to your Owners Manual.